Saturday, July 09, 2011

Once upon a time, I blogged.


Once upon a time, I blogged.

I think it just got to the point that living through some things once took all the energy I could give to them. Then Facebook came and made it so easy to come in with a quick, ephemeral hit, a quick link, a quick and easy photo and easier feedback. But I have stories that should be told. There are things, events and people I never want to forget.

That Thing That Happened on August 29, 2005 has ceased to be something I let weigh on me, but because of it, I'm still far from living a normal life. (I can thank so many people in the building trades for that.) I got tired of writing about all that and frankly, it started to feel like the only way a New Orleans blog could be considered valid by many in my blogging circle, was to write about The Aftermath with attention to politics and all of the associated outrage. I don't have the energy for any of that any more and the whole thing caused me to loose my sense of ground here. So, this is all part of the New Normal and I'm embarrassed to have adjusted to it, but I have.

Maybe my desire to write here again will change. With inspiration, arm-twisting and some kind of push, maybe it will change. But right now, it is what it is.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Charlotte said...

Adjustment is an indicator of a centered person and you are one of the most well-adjusted people I've ever known. There is no need to be embarrassed for adjusting, indeed you should be proud that you have with all you've been through. I'm with you, dear. Really I sometimes want to tell some people to get over it already but I've learned to keep my thoughts to myself in the last couple of years and I've been happier for it. You will always be valid, Lisa. You have nothing to prove to those who know you.
I hope this post is the beginning of more good things to come from you. I never did delete you from my feedreader in hopes you'd be back one day.
xoxoxo

7:34 PM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

I met you through your blog and still miss you (and Muse - if you're out there). Somedays I want to read thoughts deeper than a link on Facebook.

Can't wait til you have a real kitchen!

12:59 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks, girls. I have been so busy lately that this would be a guilty pleasure. I certainly don't want to do it if I feel it's a chore. I feel like I'm doing a lot of cleaning up and cleaning out right now. 2010 was a year of so many firsts. most that I never in my life would have expected. It was filled with the best and worst of times. Part of me feels the desire to write about them, but without worrying about judgment. I think I'm still in the process of sorting it all out and the fact that I don't really have time to write about it may be a good thing, but in any case, I'm happy to know that two women I love dearly are still here. :-)

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Editor B said...

I know what you mean. For a variety of reasons I'm not writing much about the flood, the aftermath, recovery, or politics these days, and I do often feel a lack of the ever-elusive "validity" in that — but oh well. I write mostly about other things. And you do have stories that should be told. Those stories have their own validity. Consider your arm gently twisted.

11:29 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thaanks, Bart. Slowly I feel it coming back. And honestly, I think the personal stories are more interesting to read. :-)

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Angels said...

MAybe it will be good to wind a new source of inspiration and then write with new force.. wish you success!

7:41 AM  
Anonymous The secret search for enlightenment said...

You know blogging is so fun. This is an outlet for me to express my views on a certain thing, and by also reading other blogs make me learn something too.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home