Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Single Parenthood is a Tough Gig


Cellphone pic I snapped of the adorable Morris kids
before we piled in the van with them for last year's Proteus parade.


I've publicly marveled out loud and on this blog at how my blog friends seem to get so much done all the time. You guys are here, there and everywhere, doing this and that, saving the city and the world and writing about it all, often in multiple posts per day. I feel like such a slacker because I barely seem to manage to respond to comments here on my own blog, much less to comment elsewhere or squeeze out any new posts of my own on any regular basis. Then one day it occurred to me that I was the only one of us I knew of who was a single parent. Parenting a-deux it a tough enough job as it is - just ask anyone raising kids. But doing it solo is a whole other ballgame. As the single parent of two, I know. What I do not know and cannot imagine is having to singlehandedly raise three small children. And this is what Hana, the widow of our beloved Ashley Morris, faces right now. She needs our help.

Please do what you can for Hana and the Morris children by making a donation at the Remember Ashley Morris website.

Get to know a little more about Hana, AKA Soviet Block with the Big Easy Rollergirls, and read a beautiful tribute here. (Please do read it!)

In fact, just click on down through the links under "Real and Honorary New Orleanians" in the sidebar and you'll see just how special and important Ashley was to us. I have more to say about this, but I have kids to attend to now.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I'm always here to lend an ear or a hand. You've always been one to connect to the heart of things, with all your heart. Know that your friend's passion can and will live on in you and others that his life touched.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home