Monday, January 21, 2008

Thanks, Dr.King.

This was on its way to being a long post, too long for the time I have right now, so I just want to take a moment to once again thank Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for expanding the love in this world and in my own life.

We're not quite there yet, Dr.King, but we have come a long way. And I still have great faith that "we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood."

PHOTO NOTE: This photo of me, my daughter, my son and his father was taken last summer at my former mother-in-law's 85th birthday party. A couple of people have nervously asked me if Rachel is WIllie's daughter, so I shouldn't assume that the answer is as obvious. She is not. Willie and I had been long separated and divorced when she was born. But Rachel and I are still considered very much a part of Willie's wonderful extended family.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dangerblond said...

Your children are so gorgeous. Alex is at the point where he needs bodyguards to keep the girls off him.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Ingrid said...

What a great photo (I can't believe how tall Alex is!).

5:40 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks, y'all. He's a really neat kid, too.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home