Friday, September 14, 2007

I Just Want One Day to Read for Pleasure and Play Mindless Video Games


It probably seems as if I've ceased to exist, but I'm still reading (if not commenting on) your posts and I have been posting on the blog I keep for my students with some semi-regularity.

I keep thinking that one day I'll wake up and not feel overwhelmed by the have-to-do list so I can spend more time on the want-to-do list. And I'd have a little more to say here, now, were I not rolling to the peak of my weekly sleep-deprivation cycle. At least you know that I still live and breathe.

Time for that generic Ambien, (which, without insurance costs less than $13 for 30 tabs at Castellon's but almost $30 through my health plan), so I can get my nightly 3.5 to 4 hours. If I promise to post something of substance soon, it virtually guarantees that it will be a long time before I do, so perhaps I should say not to expect anything for a while...

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Varg said...

I need me some of that stuff! Instead, I just watch The First 48 and X-Files reruns and drink Red Stripes until I pass into slumber.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous charlotte said...

You should do like I did a coupla weeks ago.....when driving to work one day, just pass your exit and keep driving! Call in sick, emergency, whatever and just disappear.

Or....take off a couple of hours and let's do the lunch and shopping thing. I won't allow you to feel guilty!

xoxo

5:14 PM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Hi Lisa - it's just nice to know you are still out there :)

(and muse - i sent you my email address for access to your site months ago but never heard back)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Oliver said...

When your regular sleep aids just won't give you what you need anymore, then maybe it's time you considered Dr. Dave's Lauda-Mom.
Four out of Five William Burroughs readers agree, "Lauda-Mom" not only gives you the sleep you've been deprived of, you'll think again before your write off Phil Collins as a hack.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Leigh C. said...

Hey, the stuff happens.

Just get you and yours healthy and well. 8-)

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Sophmom said...

I swig on a bottle of generic benadryl. It's good for a few hours and takes care of any allergies at the same time. ;)

I liked your other blog. I'd never gone there before. Quite cool. Try not to be too hard on yourself for not posting. I remind myself when my muse takes a vacation (like recently) that this is something I do for me. This is something I do when I feel like it. I will not let this become a source of guilt. It's easier said than done but I try.

Peace darlin'.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Hey Lisa - you might be quiet on the blogging front but am still thinking of you :)

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Christie in TX said...

I just got through reading your ENTIRE blog dating back from before Katrina and all I can say is "Wow!"


Hang in there - it looks like you're making good progress! :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks, y'all. Sorry I've been so silent. At least I've been making time to read blog posts once and a while.

Sigh.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home