Thursday, April 26, 2007

Don't Push Me 'cause I'm Close to the Edge.
I'm Tryin' Not to Lose My Head

It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under


Asbestos tiles everywhere
Roofers broke ‘em on the ground, I guess they just don’t care.
I can’t take the cons, I can’t take the ploys.
I didn’t see it coming, now I got no choice.

Plumbing still leaking, badly framed walls.
I try and try but still nobody answers my calls.
I want to get the work done but I haven’t gone far.
It’s hard trying to be my own recovery czar.

Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to loose my head.
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from goin’ under.

Standing on the sidewalk, looking at the windows,
Why aren’t they the same size? Only the contractor knows.
Am I crazy to want it done right?
Why is that so difficult? Why is that a fight?

Half-assed work, they did it all wrong.
I had to say something and now they’re all gone.
We’ll be back here tomorrow. We’ll fix it up then.
Don’t worry. You can trust us. We’re all good men.

Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge.
I'm trying not to loose my head.
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from goin’ under.

People asking, where’d they go?
Shrug my shoulders. Don’t know.
Take the girl’s money. Fly by night.
Run like roaches when I turn on the light.

He worked at my mother’s. He worked at Renard’s.
I thought he was OK. This lesson’s been hard.
I‘m struggling with my thoughts. I’m trying to quell my fear.
But this is what happens when the workers disappear.

Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to loose my head.
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from goin’ under.
------------
I swore this would not happen to me. Details will follow. (And if this motherf#*!er doesn't make some kind of contact with me by the weekend, the details will include his name and any/everything else I know about him and his guys.

Thanks to Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five for the Inspiration. (If I have a favorite rap song, this is it.)

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Editor B said...

Great lyrics. This could be a theme song for so many folks now... I hope this bozo gets back on the job and makes it right. If not, you may be able to pursue a legal remedy, but that's no fun. Good luck, and good job making some fun out of a depressing scenario.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

"Katrina - The Musical"! Fantastic.

It's a long hard slog :(

5:04 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

I know I join the ranks of too many others here and it sickens me that this story has become so common. But having an angry theme song does help.

12:07 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

By the way, B, I will go after this guy, as much as I hate to have one more unpleasant task to add to the list.

Also, I know where he's going to be on the last day of Jazz Fest, (front and center for Steely Dan), and I intend to find him and have him look me in the eye (hopefully in the presence of his wife and maybe friends), and explain his actions. I don't know if I'll ever recover the dollars, but at the very least, I think he should have to pay in shame.

12:16 AM  
Blogger pi22seven said...

It pisses me off that so many can not seem to do the right thing. It makes me sadder to know that they've reached a place within themselves that allows them to sleep at night.

I hope he is shamed into being honrable.

BTW, you had me singing your lyrics seemlessly!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Carmen said...

Don't wait until May 6th to provide details: go by your originally stated intent. Maybe someone reading can help, as by rights you should have your job finished properly. Or at the very least, you need to tell others so they don't contract with the same party. Looking them in the eye rarely proves adequate motivation.

I was at my kid's school artsfest a week ago, when I noticed the gal in the dance looked very familiar. Then I realized I'd seen a picture of her a few months ago. Tell R. she was very good, very ebullient.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Leigh C. said...

God almighty. I'm so sorry.

BTW, one of the penguins in "Happy Feet" has this as his heartsong.

1:51 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks, Pi. I think a couple of those lines are a little challenging in terms of meter, but otherwise, I guess it works.

Carmen, I'm not going to wait to take action. The last message I left for this guy made it clear that only one conclusion could be drawn from his failure to show up or return calls and that I planned to act accordingly. I am gathering all the information I need to report him to the authorities, and I intend to post his info here, on AngiesList.org, on the LouisianaRebuilds.info site and everywhere else I can.

I cried through most of the Arts Reach performance, those kids were so adorably cute, all fo them. I reminded Rachel to smile and she did (she usually forgets), so I will be sure to tell her that she was ebullient.

Leigh, now I know I'm going to have to see Happy Feet. (The title, alone, should have been enough for me.)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home