Friday, February 09, 2007

How Do You People Do It?

I'm talking about all you prolific bloggers out there who manage to post every day, often more than one post or on more than one blog? I can barely get the time to read my e-mail these days, much less respond to it. Forget going through my blog-roll daily and posting much of anything. I have lots I would post, though.

How do you guys do it? Really. I want to know.

I'm curious.... am I the only single mother among us?

Between taking care of my kids, taking care of my mom, doing my job, and taking care of all the personal and house-related business, I can hardly squeeze in more than a few hours sleep a night. Last night I didn't turn the lights out until after 4:30 but I was up at 7:00 AM. This is typical. I try to catch up on weekends, though. (By the way, Mom's not feeble, but she needs looking after in lots of other ways. She's going through her own share of house repairs and I've been dealing with these, too, because 70-something year old women are especially ripe for the contractor pickin' without someone watching their backs.)

Truly, I am awed by all the stuff my NOLA blogger friends are doing in service to this community. If you're on the NOLA Bloggers listserve, you know what I mean. If not, just start rolling through the links of NOLA bloggers on the left. I love and admire you guys for the way you are walking the talk and trying to do something about all the problems, the many problems here. I wish I could figure out a way to do it all or to at least do more. Feel free to tell me your secrets.

To all of you on the blog roll, not just the NOLA folks, I want to say thanks again. You wonderful people have been a big part of what makes it possible for me to keep trudging through this messy world.

8 Comments:

Anonymous ashley said...

How do I do it?

To quote Warren Zevon: "I'll sleep when I'm dead".

Also, I think of it as therapy, so I feel it's doctor's orders.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

You know how I do it, I cheat. First, I don't really write so that makes it easy. Second, I belt out 10 - 25 in a sitting and then post date them and leave them in draft. I strongly reccomend that you Don't follow my example as it would ruin your blog. Don't sweat it, I'm willing to wait.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Leigh C. said...

Well, I'M addicted, pure and simple. Plus, I've given up cross-stitching for the time being.

It's all here. God help me...

http://liprapslament-theline.blogspot.com/2007/02/hi-im-leigh.html

5:16 PM  
Blogger Ray said...

I know the feeling, I'm not managing much either. I wish I could find the time to really *write*. You know, the kind where you actually go back and proofread and edit and maybe rewrite.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Adrastos said...

I'm a lunatic. Hmm, maybe I should tell you something you don't already know.

11:07 AM  
Blogger TravelingMermaid said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:42 PM  
Blogger TravelingMermaid said...

When I first started blogging I put alot of thought into my posts. Mainly about my feelings about post-K life. Now I tend to type it out as I think it and hit "publish" which has been to my detrement at times. I think I'm a bit too reactionary sometimes now and losing my sense of humor. Which is why some of my posts "disappear" shortly after pulishing. :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger TravelingMermaid said...

Plus I think I have gremlins in my computer....my comments keep publishing twice....sorry!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home