Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007


Happy New Year 2007
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
I took this picture from my mother's side door, looking west toward the back yard. You can see the tree branches and the eagle weathervane on the roof of the studio. The view to the east was almost as spectacular.

I'm dumbfounded by how much money people around here spent on fireworks. When this display ended, Rachel and I could hear the loud cheers of people from all around. We joined them for, indeed, it was awesome. And we didn't have to leave "home."

Now it's time for black-eyed peas and cabbage rolls. Between rate hikes from Entergy and the insurance industry, looks like all of us here in NOLA are going to need lots of luck and money this year. And since no one waits until Twelfth Night / Epiphany / King's Day anymore, tomorrow I'm getting a King Cake. Mmmmmmm!

Happy New Year, everyone! 2007 is definitely going to be better than 2006 was. It HAS to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Happy New Year. May 2007 bring you hapiness, and economic well being. Really, it's time for this bad steak to end.

1:00 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Well, Richard, I just realized that the comment I thought I posted here in response to yours didn't make it. Not the first time I've had a comment disappear into Blogger's ether.

Anyway, for the short version I'll just say thanks and that I wish many blessings of every kind to you and yours...and the same to the rest of you guys out there, too!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home