Monday, December 25, 2006

Wood


Nailed
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
Renard and I first met at some point in the early 1980s when we floated around in the same pool of music, mostly centered around the Neville Brothers. We got to know each other a little better and began to consider each other friends in the latter part of the1980s, but didn't develop a close friendship until early 2001.

On December 26th of 2001, our friendship, which had deepened a lot over the course of the year, became a romance with our first kiss. He had ideas, but I didn't see it coming, not at all. I'm glad I didn't. I didn't have the opportunity to think about it, much less to overthink it.

So, here we are five years later, happier than we've ever been. The road here hasn't always been smoothe, but we've paid attention and learned a lot from each other. Our relationship has developed breadth and depth and we still laugh and play and cut up as much as ever, if not more. (That's the best part.)

And the gift theme for the 5 year anniversary is... wood. No problem with that. (Heh, he, he...)

6 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

So glad to hear something is going well for you, it's nice when it's the relationships that are good, then you can handle the rest. As for the rest, really a new year is coming. I'm am sure that it will have a lot to offer, and you have a strength proven from the last 18 months of, "that which does not kill us..." So here is my raised glass of port, to start welcoming the new year my friend!

1:15 AM  
Anonymous adrastos said...

OMG, what a straight line. I can't believe I'm going to let it go...

Congrats, y'all.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Beavis said...

Heh heh....you said "wood".

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Sophmom said...

Way cool. Hearty congratulations. I hope ya'll are having a great holiday, darlin'.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Loki said...

My heartiest congratulations, it's been six years for us as of last Sept so I am quite in tune with a lot of what you are saying. Of course we did not have the foundation of years of friendship to start with, but we did have the Hi Ho Lounge and absinthe...

All my fondest wishes to the both of you, congratulation!

12:40 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks, everyone!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home