Saturday, December 16, 2006

Celebrating the End with a
Temporary Chemical Lobotomy
BUT
It's STILL Not Over


CoPayment to Primary Care Physician: $15
C0Payment to General Surgeon: $25
CoPayment to Hospital: $100
Spending a couple of hours soaked in the mind-numbing drugs of surgical sleep, bereft of thought or dream or any memory of the aggravations of this semester, particularly the end of it:
Priceless.

This has been the semester from hell.

And now it seems like it will never end.

And because I haven't suffered enough, I'm having a yard sale tomorrow, just the kind of pain-in-the-ass thing you want to do after a hellish semester that was topped off by a litle surgery. I mustn't have felt like I was loving myself enough, huh?

So, I'd hoped to tell the whole story here, tonight but it's already after 4:00AM, and after 3 hours, the Ambien is sorta kicking in, just a little. (What's with that??) There has been so, so much going on that I haven't had a chance to post about. It's been pretty tough getting time to do anything blog-related (reading or posting) in these last few months. Sigh.

Oh, yes. I said surgery up there, and I really shouldn't leave you without some explanation. I had a funky lump poking out of the middle of my chest, right under the bottom of the bra-line. The docs decided it was either an abdominal hernia or a lipoma (just a plain old fatty tumor). Lucky for me, it was the latter, which means a faster, easier recovery. So, I decided to end my happy semester with exactly what I needed-- short-term amnesia; the temporary chemical lobotomy; anesthetic bliss. However short it was, and however painful after, it was worth it. And after I was released, I slept non-stop for almost two straight days without anyone bothering me. Now that's really priceless!

I'll tell the rest of the story in the next post. If this reads all wonky, it just means the Ambien is working better than I thought right now.

Hey! If you know where my house is and you're in the neighborhood, stop by and visit! I'll be out there from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM. with all kinds of stuff from here, there and everywhere. If you're driving in either direction on Carrollton near Cohn, you'll see couple of the funkiest Yard Sale signs ever sitting out there on the neutral ground, you'll know your nearby.

More to come! Love to you all!

14 Comments:

Anonymous ashley said...

Good Lord, girl. Take care of yourself!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Will the crap ever end? I can't believe how blighted life has been for you over these last 16 months. Heres to every witchy blessing I've ever be able to muster - "May you never thirst, may you never hunger"...and may those insurance bastards pay up big time, employment be fruitful and satisfying and health be harmonious.

Here's to a happy solstice. Warm thoughts across the hemispheres.
AOF

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY FUCKING COW!!!

Not only are you Superwoman, you are more man than I'll ever be.

*awestruck*

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your fealing better, at least you got some rest. Oh and "hark the herald angels shout... I am OUT"

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your fealing better, at least you got some rest. Oh and "hark the herald angels shout... I am OUT"

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great abs!

Seriously, though, good to see you out here posting again. I always enjoy your blogs. Best wishes for a joyous and peaceful holiday (it sounds as though you're due...).

11:24 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks, y'all!

Oh, about those abs, don't be decieved. If you saw the whole picture, you'd definitely see the effect that gravity and age have on a woman who's given birth to two kids, the second a whopper weighing in at 9 lbs, 9oz. It ain't pretty. But I'm putting the Neutrogena Skin-Firming Body lotion to the ultimate test. I'll let you know if it works.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

That which does not kill us makes us stronger, but for those that are already too strong as it is, it just makes us really cranky. You prove yet again Ms. Abs of steel, that you Kick Ass!! Who would have thought you'd be the type to post a picture of yourself lifting your shirt up show a cleavage shot! All I know is I looked at that picture and thought Geez is there nothing that can take you down!?!

12:51 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Cleavage??? Me??? I don't see any cleavage in that shot, and believe me, even at when I was at my lactating best, I couldn't even muster temporary cleavage.

And as much as I'd like to dance around on the pedestal and indulge in the pleasure the idea that I'm some really kick-ass babe, I've got to throw a little cold water on that one, too. This was not major surgery. Yeah, I was hurting for a few days, but there's only so much of being out of the game that I can take. I have too much to do. I hate being restricted, especially by some physical thing. so, the only way I'm going to be taken down is by my own choice.

Wanna know about someone who's really been through some recent hellishness? Check out what our beloved Greg Peters (Suspect Device) has been going through. (Start at the link and go forward.)

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Sophmom said...

Ouch! It's good to hear that you're recovering, though, from both the surgery and the semester. Congrats on getting some rest and mind-numbing. We all need that from time to time. Back in the day, I use to have babies just to get three days in the hospital. ;)

As for having a fatty lump just under the bra line, I have one of those, but the damn thing goes all the way to my legs. ;)

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Maitri said...

Love you, too, LisaPal! Take care of yourself. Let me know when to come over with copious amounts of red wine.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Dr. A said...

Lisa,
Glad you're back here. Take care of yourself and have a good holiday!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Adrastos said...

I had one of them thar things on my forehead and I came through brain intatct. Or did I?

10:16 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

You're a funny gal, Sophmom! I have a few other fatty lumps, too, but my insurance won't pay to have that kind removed.

Maitri, it may be wine-time soon, but I imagine you're a very busy girl these days... in the best kind of way!

Dr. A, what's you're professional opinion on the outcome of your Mighty spouse's frontal lump removal? I don't know what the before was like, but the after seems to have the perfect twist.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home