Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween 2006 - Back Home


Halloween 2006
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
She left the house and headed to school this morning dressed as Sacagawea, with a papoose strapped on her back. (I hear that a young, blond Buddy Bolden was also on the scene.) Tonight, she evolved into a cross between Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas and Wednesday from The Adams Family. She posed in character for the camera, but she was all laughter, happy chatter and smiles all night long. It didn't even matter that it was a variation on last year's costume.

I took her trick-or-treating in the neighborhood of a friend in Old Metairie, the same place we've always gone, and it was pretty much like the Pre-K Days. It was good.

No grown-up Halloween this year for me. Actually, it's been quite a long time since I've done anything other than take the kids out and then spend some time visiting my friend after we've finished making the rounds. But I understand that at least one blogger was going to be out there, making an imprseesion. I hope there are pictures.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ray in New Orleans said...

Heh. After we'd had fun taking pictures of all the Buddy Bolden sites in town, he says, "Oh, and I have to dress up like him". So what does he look like? Well, he's black, and he wears a suit, and he has really really short hair. Which means you're wearing a suit, dude.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Gettin back in the swing Miss Lisa, Good to see you.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I'm frightened. Hope she had fun! my kids weren't allowed to wear their costumes to school, apparently there's a strict "no holiday" policy.

(They are however asking for donations for Thanksgiving and Christmas--both holidays we're "not supposed to recognize".)

pfffft.

11:57 AM  
Blogger G Bitch said...

Our girls have to meet. Who has time, right? Email me; let's see what we can do.

8:05 PM  
Blogger compelled1 said...

She's such a beautiful girl...even in creepy costume. I'm here now, but life is still crazy. You know what I mean. I'll get in touch sometime soon. I'm pretty sure I have your number.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

She looks very spooooky. I hope your kids had fun, when life get's busy priorities take over and making sure the kids are doing ok and having fun is a big priority.. I'm going to predict that by next year you'll ba able to have some fun (not alot mind you, but some).

6:37 PM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Hey Lisa, just dropped by to say hello. Hope there has been some progress with all those pesky logistical issues and if not, you keep mustering that inner strength and drive to plough on through.

Thinking of you from drough ridden Melbourne :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I know it is the end of the semester, I am slammed with school work as evidence, but please let us know that you havent foresaken us out here.

1:13 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Oy! SO much going on, it seems... and I've had little or no time to do anything on the the Web that's not been utilitarian. (Even answering e-mail has been difficult.)

But I haven't forsaken you, my beloved blog family. I'm in Grading Hell right now and am working my way out. I give my last exams of the semester tomorrow and as soon as I dig out of the mess, I will be writing.

I have a lot to say about this semester.

And there are lots of other things going on as well.

So, I'll be back soon. I have a post half-finished and I'll get to it sooner than later. I'd hate to blow my at-least-once-a-month record.

Love y'all!

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home