Friday, July 21, 2006

Miscellany

Right now, I'm typing with the finger of one hand rather than the usual two (and I only use a finger or two on each, anyway), because my left arm is around the sleeping Rachel who is back this evening from a three-day long field trip to Houston. (The camera was within reach, so I just took the picture.) While gone, she purchased this eye-mask, and it's just cracking me up to see her sleeping with it on. Like mother like daughter.

Anyway, while child-free (Alex is house sitting at his dad's), I took the opportunity to decamp to Renard's, which means I was subject to the internet embargo he's imposed in order to assure a little quality time together. This was a rare treat, as we usually only spend one weekly 24 hour period together between Saturday and Sunday evenings. I'm just mentioning this so that any noted absence of my visits, comments, posts or e-mail responses will not be taken personally or as cause for alarm. (Please don't take this as some delusion of self-importance. I'm just trying to be considerate.)

Anyway, I'm working on a post about what's going on with the house and the insurance issue. I'll get back to it once both hands are free, unless the unthinkable happens and I fall asleep first. Otherwise, I'll be reading. But before I go, I want to leave you with a question Renard posed to me not long ago. He asked me if I thought the Chicago Bulls had to pay Condoleeeeza Rice for the use of her likeness and image as their logo. Good question.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Karen said...

Looks like she comes by it naturally..that growl

My daughter went trick or treating last year on State Street. Her only costume was a black dress and a scowl. When people asked her what she was she said "Condi" Someone slammed the door in her face, she was so happy !

5:20 AM  
Blogger Schroeder said...

Oh Karen!!! I just got a cramp in my gut from laughing so hard! I love your daughter.

Lisa, the eye mask is great! You know what you have to look forward to? ... That one day she'll be rolling her skirt too.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous adrastos said...

Love the Condi picture. Schroeder, don't you ever sleep?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ray in New Orleans said...

Karen, we're trick or treating with you this year.

6:35 PM  
Blogger potlikker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Schroeder said...

Yeah dude -- during the day. By night I drink the blood of vestal virgins.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home