Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Interlude: A Tale of Two Cities

Yes, yes, it's two posts in one day. Don't faint. I'm considering going for three.

While perusing Richard's many wonderful posts on Electronic Ephemera, I found this one, which links to this site, showcasing interesting things written on walls. (If you're not checking EE out on a regular basis, you're missing all kinds of interesting and at times truly bizare stuff!) Anyway, it reminded me that, way back in August, before The Big Event, I had obtained permission to reproduce a photo and post that Chris Martel had on the New Orleans Metroblog. It's so typically New Orleans, or at least it was so in the pre-K days, and because it's such an honest piece of what I regard as real New Orleans, I fell in love with it.

So, I reproduce it here, just as Chris did in his original post.
------
Somewhere in Manhattan.



Warehouse District, New Orleans. Note the emphasis on "dog."

-------
Yep, that pretty much says it all. Thanks again, Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home