Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ask Me a Question

Go ahead. Ask. Ask anything you want. You can ask me a personal question, or a philosophical question or a hypothetical question. But you can't ask me trivial question like who created the Periodic table (Mendeleev), who wrote The Periodic Table, (Primo Levi) or what the atomic weight of Cadmium is (112.41). That would defeat the purpose, because the purpose is to get me to write. Not just daydream blog entries in my head but never write and post them. For I am still stuck in the doldrums. I know I have a story to finish. (I haven't even gotten to the psychotic part of the Psychotic Friend story.) And I have other older news to report that I haven't gotten around to.

But I need a push.

As it is, all I want to do is stay in my bed (it's the most comfortable place I can find to sit in this apartment) sleep, read, and sleep some more. That's what I want to do all the time, not what I get to do all the time- but I find myself doing it every chance I get. I don't get out much. I haven't put gas in the car since December 11th- that tells you how often I get out and about. I don't know what to do around here but buy groceries from the store, about 2 blocks away. The highlight of my day was eating half of a six ounce package of Genoa salami and composing an ode to its deliciousness in my head while playing Spider Solitaire on the computer . (Oh, salami, were it not for you and your cousin, prosciutto, vegetarianism might have been a possibility for me. But not lacto-ovo, parce que tellement j'adore le fromage aussi!) All this will change in a couple of weeks when we return home to New Orleans. But right now...

I am null.

I need a push.

Stimulate me with a question.

If I think there's a reason to write something (because you asked), it may get me excited about doing it, for a change and that might get the juices flowing enough for me to get caught up. (Unless no one really cares about the unwritten stuff, in which case, I'm off the hook and on my way out the door to buy more salami.)

So, I invite friends, strangers and you anonymous lurkers hanging out in the shadows to ask me a question. Whatever you want. Because I've got to shake this.

Muchas gracias.

13 Comments:

Blogger De said...

Talking monkeys - cool concept or something to be feared?

11:41 AM  
Blogger muse said...

What did you want to be, when you were little?

2:00 PM  
Blogger muse said...

What's happening with your home in New Orleans? Will you and your kids be able to move back in (even if repairs need to be made)?

5:56 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

The house issue needs to be a post in itself, I think. We'll be staying with my mom until I can replace the refrigerator and get AC/heat and hot water restored, but we may have to move out again when the work is being done on the interior. I'll elaborate on this in a post...

7:58 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Alright, if nobody else will ask the obvious question I WILL. What the hell is the psychotic part?? Cuz if you haven't already described a loony tune, then I can't wait for the orchestra to get fired up.

And to pile on the previous comments I will add in reverse order:

How is mom and the kids, and how are YOU?

What did you think you would be doing at 40 when you were 35?

I think the Planet of the Apes movies have already answered De's question, the real question is if you think that our current president may be the first talking monkey?

2:32 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

You knew that's where i was going from the beginning, didn't you???!!!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

What is your version of a personal utopia?

(that's about as articulate as I can get after midnight :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger muse said...

Hey, got another question: how did you and Richard find each other's blogs, initially? Did you know each other in real life or was it a chance online discovery? (and sorry if you've already told this story, btw, these days my memory is like swiss cheese)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Lisa made a comment at 9/09/2004 08:13:35 PM on Pedantic Pundit. From there we chatted back and forth until a beautiful online friendship developed, Erin calls her my 'Internet Wife'. I asked her to contribute post to EE when I started it, and the rest you know.

11:06 PM  
Blogger muse said...

Wow, down to the precise second when it all began, hey? ;)

So Lisa, how did you happen to amble over PP that first time? Chance or online search for some topic or another?

9:44 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Richard is the one with the precision memory, not me... I may have been perusing the list of recently updated blogs or something like that...I really can't recall...

1:57 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Ha ha... percision memory, that's funny. Are you two kidding (I always like to say the more trivial the information is the more likely I am to remember it, in all things expect social schedules and calendar time)? I couldn't remember something like that if my life depended on it!! I simply looked up Lisa's first comment via a search on PP.

11:16 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

It really started with your trivia contest, Richard ... that much I remember.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home