Thursday, December 29, 2005

My House & Neighborhood During the Flood

As you may know, I had lots of problems with internet access in the first couple of months after the storm, so I am still catching up on Katrina-related stuff that I'm sure the rest of you are bored to death with by now.

I was quite happy to finally find a website with images of the flooded city where clouds did not obscure the view of my house or the area immediately surrounding it. I did tweak the image for contrast and color balance, since the image the site provided was quite flat and had a blue hue. The color of the rooftops is much more accurate, at least on my monitor. If you click the photo, you can see the few notes I added on Flickr.com , or you can see a larger version. Info on the web source is also in the photo comments on Flickr.

My friend Jeffrey has come up from North Carolina for a brief visit. It's been great to get to visit with an old friend after so long (at least 8 years.)

Hope everyone is having a relaxing holiday break...

2 Comments:

Blogger LisaPal said...

Wow-just looked at this picture on a computer running Windows amd it looks like crap! Sorry you guys can't see what I see...

2:13 PM  
Blogger compelled1 said...

Hi Lisa.

May your new year bring you luck and fulfillment. This is a year of positives, I KNOW IT...in that psychic way. :)

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home