Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm Back, With Stories to Tell: Comedy, Tragedy and Everything In Between

Wow. It been an eternity since I've sat down in front of a computer. This whole deal has been a lesson in losing attachments, and it's been cold-turkey as the internet goes. I'll get to the details of all that later.

First things first. I have more thanks to offer. Ingrid has sent a second package, this one filled with many pounds of assorted Ghiradelli chocolates (mmmmm...white chocolate egg nog...) and gift cards for Target and Old Navy. These are much appreciated, though I feel a little guilty about all this chocolate, knowing how much chocolate means to dear Claypot and how hard it is for her to get it in Zambia. Thanks also go to Hangyul (who, once upon a time, was in my blogroll as "More Than Less Like Me" but has since closed up shop. With her permission, I will post the link for her new home,) who sent a wonderful piece of herself in the form of a journal filled with an assortment of interesting bits of literature, drawings, photos, comments and other flotsam and jetsam. She sent Alex into exquisite happiness with a case full of CDs bearing songs of his favorite artists and she made Rachel swoon with a pretty jeweled barrette for her hair. And Muse sent a package full of goodies and fun for the three of us- music, movies, toys, games, tea, a wonderfully scented candle (and even the matches to light it- Muse, you thought of everything!) and some Extra Strength Dam-It-All pills. In clinical trials they demonstrated an excellent placebo effect and they are exactly what I need after the last few weeks. Thanks again to you all for shining your light and love into this difficult experience.

So much has happened since I last posted. If I try to tell it all in one post, I'll exhaust us all, so I've decided to break it up into separate posts starting with the most recent events and then backtrack from there. I think I'll present them framed as "lessons learned" Katrina Retrospective, if I can make that theme work.

Thanks to all of you who have been so patient!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alley said...

Welcome back Lisa hun!

It's great to have you back and I'm very happy that your sense of humour and relative optimism has remained in tact.

Fond regards to all of you1

2:53 AM  
Blogger muse said...

Glad to "see" you, Lisa! :)

And don't worry about us being "patient", it's not like it's a tv series and we're waiting for the next episode, it's your life, it's happening on its own pace, you're dealing with it, and if and when you have time/energy to write an update, we're happy to get news, but really, blogging shouldn't be another obligation that you have to worry about.

Ok, enough preaching! LOL (I get like that, I know... *sheepish grin*)

Glad you got the package! It was just silly stuff to help you guys think about other things, nothing useful, but I'm glad you enjoyed it (the matches were a last minute thought - I figured if you didn't smoke and weren't an incense person, you might not have any around). Anyhoo, it was a jumble of "it's the thought that counts" stuff ;)

10:05 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Well, after you read the posts to come, you might think it sounds more like a movie of the week...
:-)

I had the next one ready to go last night and when I went to add a link, it deleter half og the post! Grrrrrrrr! I'm working on it now though.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home