Friday, September 09, 2005

Watch if You Can

Just seeing that every network is running the benefit concert for victims of the storm is almost too much for me. I want this to not really be happening, to not really be this big. I want to wakre up and find that it was just another of my crazy dreams. And speaking of those, my mother just reminded me that I told her of other dreams where there was great destruction to our home, some great catastrophy. I sort of remember telling her about one such dream, but I interpreted it to be something more like a 9-11 thing. Well, this has turned out to be far more destructive.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the Neville Brothers are going to be performing on this special of not, but if they are, you can see my friend and former husband and father of my beloved son Alex on the drums (not percussion). I can also tell you that Cyril and Aaron Neville's houses are flooded, and given where those houses are located, I suspect thay are flooded badly.

I'll be back here later, as my hostess just said she needs to make some calls and I am tying up her phone line. The lack of internet access is proving to be VERY difficult for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger muse said...

Hi Lisa,

I just came back from a 6 day vacation in Maine, and I thought I'd let you know what we've seen:

Every tv channel keeps reporting about New Orleans and Katrina, every town has "contribute to the Katrina relief effort" signs, there are benefits announced everywhere (bars, concert halls, towns, etc.), all the groceries and churches and stores have "Katrina Fund" donation boxes, etc. And this was all over Maine, New Hampshire and Boston, Mass.

I was very touched to see how concerned everyone was, and how everyone is doing what they can.

When we were at Fenway Park, on Sunday, the Sox announced that in 3 days they had collected 75 000$ from the attendance and through autograph sessions benefitting the relief fund.

Americans citizens, regular folks all over New England are united to help the Katrina survivors. You are not forgotten.

*big hugs*

9:58 PM  
Blogger compelled1 said...

Hi Lisa.

Here is a link to bide the time.

http://www.watchingamerica.com/

This is a website ran by a friend of a friend. I'm not sure it's one to lift the mood, but I guarantee that you will find entertainment in it.

Also, what kind of stuff would Alex and Rachel like to find in a care package? For my info as well as everyone else's.

Are you in contact with Renard? How are things with him, and is his father ok?

As it turns out, most of the Hurricane relief events here in NYC involve donation-priced beverages and parties. Let me tell you, this is ok with me. I've been looking for a way to help. :)

Besides, if you ask me, it's the only way to truly honor the land of jazz funerals.

Many thoughts and prayers with you,
Brandy

2:34 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks for the update and the links and the hugs, girls. Muse, so glad you had a nice vacation. This thing is certainly exposing a lot about our country and its government- the best and the worst.

As for Renard, he lugged all his gear to Houston and has been working on the CD and is considering putting a band together while he's there. His dad is improving and may soon be transferred to a skilled nursing facility in Houston to complete his recovery. Renard says he's having fun getting to know his family better with all the time they're spending together.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home