Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hurricane Katrina Refugee Report #4-Water Everywhere


Wishful thinking doesn't make it so. My house is in the flooded part of the city. How deep? Who knows. My mind is flooded, too.

Too much on my mind right now. Lots I want to write, but no energy to write it. I'm so tired, but I can't turn the television off. I'm so tired.

Latest news... we're going to Charlottesville, Virginia. Technically, Keswick. Good schools, good friends. I'll give more details when I have the energy.

Again, my deepest thanks for all the love and support (of all kinds) coming from you all. I cannot overstate our gratitude. I simply cannot. I am so moved. Beyond words. But (predictably) the words will come anyway, at some point.

I love you all.

5 Comments:

Blogger piu piu said...

i'm so pleased u've found somewhere good to go you truly deserve some rest & comfort. i want u to know the rest of the world is aware of your situations and trying to help in as many different ways possible. and i agree with the rest of the comments- that by accepting someone's offer of help you will be offering them some releif and the feeling of worth in being able to take action in such a difficult situation x

7:21 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks for your comments. I can't tell you how important it is to know that people care.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

You are the type of person that will always have people who care alot about you, you inspire us.

12:47 AM  
Blogger compelled1 said...

Lisa, please tell me when you hear from Renard. I'm incredibly relieved that things are moving in a better direction. And again, almost the only thing I can think to say--hang in there. Also repeating an earlier request, give Rachel and Alex a hug from me.

1:04 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Brandy, I was finally able to reach Renard by telephone. He is in Houston at his sister's apartment with 11 other people. He may go to his brother's house in Denver.

We just arrived in Charlottesville a few hours ago. More on this shortly. They only have dial-up here and I will have to wait until the late hours to post, so that I don't tie up the line, so I'm signing off for now.
More soon...

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home