Sunday, August 21, 2005

My T-Shirt (They've Obviously Visited This Blog)


.
There are reasons that I haven't been updating this blog as often as I should. Here's one: many of my posts that sit on the server in draft form remain there because I perceive them to be inane, rambling, or both. Likewise, there are some that should be sitting there as drafts but were posted anyway, and as a result, it looks like they made a t-shirt about this blog. If you click the image, you'll be transported to the site that sells this t-shirt and plenty others- you must click on the home link to see them all. And if you buy some stuff there and get a zillion of your friends to do the same through this link, I may be able to afford to buy health insurance for the three of us. I've been on COBRA since I went to part-time at UNO- and the COBRA benefits just ran out. The last time I paid for private health insurance it had gone up to $643/month. That was almost 4 years ago. The last rate increase was by $100 per month (they'd gotten bigger every year) and I can't imagine what the premiums would be today and I'm afraid to find out. Either way, I can't afford it- or at least not before we get several patients going in these drug studies. Pray for us all to stay safe and healthy until the financial climate improves.

There's more to the sparse updates; I've been in a real funk, folks. I'm back in the Crab Nebula, a place I loathe. It looks pretty from a distance, but it seems to hide a black hole that I keep forgetting about until I get sucked back into it. I promised a Part Two on this story (see link above) and I guess I was waiting to see how it was going to play out before I wrote about it again. In a way, I'm still waiting, but I'm pretty sure I know how it ends. In fact, I've known for a while but just threw on my rose-colored glasses and amnesia hat in a fit of bad judgment, and maybe also as the result of some love-laced lust on my part. (Now, try saying that three times, really fast.)

In my next post, I will have a question for you all to ponder and answer, to help me settle an argument, or at least come to some consensus on an nagging question. I'm sorry tp be so cryptic. I'd go ahead and ask it now, but it will take more than a sentence or two to set up and I need to go to sleep.

Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Blogger muse said...

Curious and looking forward to your next post, hoping that you're ok! :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger pi22seven said...

*stays tuned*

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home