Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina Refugee Report #2

Like so many things, the original post was lost! So, I'll be brief now, and try to reconstruct it later. In the mean time, here are my requests:

Someone please contact MSNBC and tell Rita Crosby, the idiot with the bleached blonde hair who sounds like Kathy Griffin, to please stop showing (in non-stop loops) the video clip of people, almost all of whom are black, looting Walmart and talking about how the "real tragedy" that "these people" are robbing the "respectable buisiness owners." Racist bitch. (Sorry, but I'm MAD!) Props to Senator Mary Landrieu (Dem) for calling into the show and telling the idiot that these people don't have food, water, plumbing, gas, electricity, transportation, any means of remote communication and maybe nothing but the clothes on their backs, for all we know.

Next, please ask Google or Microsoft Terra Server or NASA and whoever else has satellites, to get some fresh satellite inages of the area loaded into those services that show the image for an address. So many of us are desperate to know what the situation is in our part of town in terms of water height and general damage. It would sure be nice to be able to drop in an address and see it.

Love to you all! Signing off for now...

8 Comments:

Blogger addict said...

Hang in there!
You and yours are in many blog prayers/positive energy vibes....

1:45 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Over all the water doesn't seem to be getting THAT high. And as for your request, I'll get right on them, I'm sure between Pi, muse, Lasc and I they will change those things and fire the racist biotch immediately. (we have that kind of power ya know)

9:20 AM  
Blogger muse said...

Still eagerly awaiting your updates, glad to see that you're getting mad (ferociousness = so much better than worry or despair!). ;)

Despite it all I do hope that you and your kids are enjoying your vacation and creating a healthy trove of "happy times" memories to pep you up in the days the come.

You've got lots of people caring/rooting for you, don't forget it!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous thomashoughton@bellsouth.net said...

To make a real problem even worse is the fact WWL am radio only gives info on the white neighborhoods. Most out of parish, they have complete ignored all of the citzens of New Orleans. Its the only radio station, the only way most people trapped in thier houses can get information.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Claypot said...

Hey Lisa, hope you guys are ok. I can't find an email address for you, so I'm posting on here. Looking at the news reports it seems a lot of people are now homeless. I hope this isn't out of line, but if you need any help and have a paypal account, I'll happily put your button on my blog. People often prefer to help an individual than see money eaten up by admin costs at the Red Cross or whatever. Let me know and take care.

7:52 AM  
Blogger muse said...

Ditto what Claypot said (thanks Claypot)! I didn't know how to bring this up and I'm glad that someone else did (yeah, I'm a wimp). Let us know if you'd like us to do this, Lisa, I'd love to help any way I can and I'm sure that others would too.

P.S. (warning, sappy stuff ahead!) I don't know if you're anything like me and have a hard time asking/accepting help (I'm proud and don't want to impose), but really, as I've had to learn, it's ok to let others care for you and show it concretely when you need it. They love you and want to help, and if the situation were reversed, you'd do the same. Anyway, you can laugh at my maudlin' self now. ;) (next thing you know I'll be singing "kumbaya", campfire-style, or "Circle of Life" à la Elton John in Lion King)

8:20 AM  
Blogger compelled1 said...

Amen.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Ok everybody let's link hands and start singing. I will be clicking the button myself, as well as putting it on both sidebars this evening. I'd like to recommend you come out to the SF Bay area if your up for renting an apartment for around $1400 - $1800(2 & 3 bedrooms respectively), and there are some great Universities (State & UC) as well as a bunch of junior colleges for which you could probably apply. I know my first suggestion is a bit selfish, but it is the only area I actually know.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home