Monday, July 04, 2005

Thanks, and Keep Telling Them.
(Happy 4th of July. Now Give US Our Country Back!)


Thanks, and Keep Telling Them.
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
On my last day of hobnobbing with the pharmaceutical research glitterati in Washington D.C., I decided that I should take a walk by the Whitehouse and thank any protesters I found at work there for staying with it and continuing to try to elucidate the naive about the many violations of good stewardship and public trust being perpetrated by the Bush administration. I found two. This is one. Betcha thought Nixon was dead, huh! Well, he is, but now that Tricky Dick's had time to catch up on his reading, he's quite appalled to have learned that a lil twit like Dubya has outdone him. So, the Wheel of Karma has spun him out of the flames of hell and back to his old haunt (hehehe) to do a little service work. I admire the angel of a man hiding behind that mask for enduring the heat and humidity of the day with that thing on. Now that's putting your monsy where your mouth is, so to speak. (Or I could have just used a more appropriate cliché, like, now that's walking the talk. Sorry I couldn't come up with anything less hokey.)

Now, I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again anyway. If you haven't read John Dean's book, Worse Than Watergate and/or Richard Clark's Against All Enemies you absolutely must. Both. They shine the light on many ugly truths and will put many things about this president and his administration in perspective. Read them, I command you! It's important. Especially if you think that Bush and his ilk are doing all the right things for the right reasons. (And these are only two of many books that should be on the reading list for this subject.)

Since I'm in the cliché mode, let me finish my pontification with this truth: Knowledge is power. Given the condition of willful ignorance being exhibited by the masses in this country, it's no wonder we continue to be powerless while tens of thousands die for the self-serving ideals of a priveledged few, and more and more of our
inalienable rights disentegrate and blow away with the wind.

Now, obey me and go do some reading! (Except for you, and you, and you, and you over there on the left, you, too. I'm not talking to you. You're all smart and diligent, you read lots of books, you don't watch reality television, and you know a lot more about all this stuff than I do. So, carry on.)

-----
BTW, Nixon was actually reading another book, which he said was even better than Dean's. I don't recall the title, but I have his e-mail address and will ask about it when I send him the picture I took. I will report this when I get the info.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

ok, an 11 day break is long enough, back to work.

11:59 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Yessssssss Masssssssssterrrrrrrrrrrr. I hearrrrrr and I obayyyyyyyyyyy.
:-D

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home