Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Do This While You're Waiting!!! (Click this title.)

Yes, I am still alive, but have been exceedingly busy with my four jobs, two of which are definitely full-time (teaching and parenting) and the remaining two (music management and clinical research) in competition for every other free moment I have. I'm not even counting my other personal occupations, such as my own musical pursuits, which have been shoved so far back in the line of priorities, it's sad, as I do love them so. Anyway, I must divest myself of some of these responsibilities, and I'm working on that. I'm currently digging my way out of grading hell and preparing to post final grades for the semester. I have lots of unfinished posts in the wings which will appear shortly after I am relieved from university obligations. Sigh.

Now, in the meantime, if you really want to make my day, (and I could use that!), point your browser to the live radio broadcast stream coming from WWOZ in New Orleans no later than 5:00 PM Central (6:00 PM EDT, 4:00 PM MDT, 3:00 PM PDT- unless you're in one of those wacky places that stays on standard time while the rest of us languish in more daylight work-hours, in which case, you'll have to adjust accordingly). If you do this, you will hear my soon-to-be-former management client (not because I don't love him and the band, but because I just don't have the time), Kirk Joseph and the band (Backyard Groove) doing a live "informance" to promote tomorrow night's gig at Snug Harbor. This will be a more jazz than funk-oriented gig.

So, if you see this post in time, please tune in and then let me know what you think. And if you haven't done so already, go to his website and check out the CD...and buy it! Support us hard-working musicians! (You can contact me about this or go through LA Music Factory.)

Hey! Wanna thrill me beyond words? Come to one of the shows tomorrow night (Thursday, July 28th) at Snug Harbor (9:00 and 11:00 PM). Come say hello to me. I'll be the 5'7" green-eyed Mediterranean woman with the short, dark, curly hair, standing around, watching attentively and looking very happy and proud of this great bunch of musicians. And if you should decide to show up and you're not from here but decided to make a surprise visit, you'll not only thrill me beyond words, you'll completely blow my mind. (And that might be kinda fun to witness.)

Don't forget to at least tune in...

Thanks, and I'll be back soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

I can't believe I crossed your site. Kirk Joseph is the man! I saw him at Jazzfest performing with The Original DDBB and they were so much better than the current DDBB. Btw, my favorite track off of Backyard Groove is "Laid Back" especially the part when Dr. John comes on and says, "man, ya'll don't know how laid back ya'lls crazy asses are."

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home