Tuesday, May 31, 2005

F**K! Hours of work lost!

I worked all night on fulfilling the obligations of holding the musical baton that had been passed to me by pi22seven, complete with graphics and links, etc. and when I hit the magic "post" button, rather than posting, it sent me to the log-in page, which some bloggers may recognize as the kiss of death for your post. Thankfully, Blogger now has that "recover post" option. Regrettably, it only recovered a small fraction of it. And now it's 6:30 AM. I don't have it in me to reconstruct it and pull all the links together again. Whaaaa!

The only thing lessening the annoyance of this was my son telling me that he decided to start a page on MySpace and giving me the address. After reading the "Heroes" section, I'll forgive little Negro Joe (a nickname he's embraced and used in his page's URL) for neglecting to point out that he's only half negro in the page's first incarnation, and for giving the impression that he "never so much as gazed at a Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols, or Chili Peppers album, all of which reside on shelves in this house, some on both vinyl and CD. He's borrowed them from me many times. Maybe he was really talking about Kiss or Ozzy Osborn, because he owns several of the others he listed... But none the less, I think he really is the neatest kid ever!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lasciate said...

Regarding the lost work: I'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry. I feel your pain.

Regarding your son: Hahahaha! It seems he's well on his way to developing his public internet persona...

7:28 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Lasciate,

Guess who will be the next recipient of the musical baton?

Start thinking.... you have some time, since I'm going to need to regroup from this one.

I can't wait to see how little Negro Joe's persona develops. I'm sure I'll learn a lot more about him via this medium. (And I'm so glad he can comfortably make the kind of joke his chosen moniker implies!)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lasciate said...

Musical baton...hrmmm...hmmm..yeah...hmm...

Hehe. Go ahead.

And yes, actually, I find it quietly impressive that he would use that moniker without discomfort. Go him :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

I hate losing stuff on blogger, It just so happened that I lost the same music baton post from Pi on EE and haven't worked my self up to recreate it yet.

It is nice to see a kid his age who is good with putting his mom first in his list of hero's.

2:45 PM  
Blogger pi22seven said...

The baton is cursed! CURSED I SAY!!!







Not really, but I'm really sorry it's caused you guys grief.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Eh, don't worry about it Pi we agreed to the grief the moment we agreed to put up with you. ~grin~

2:26 PM  
Blogger pi22seven said...

I have been ZUNG!!!

LOL!

4:55 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

You guys are just CRACKING ME UP!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home