Friday, May 20, 2005

B-Up Soda (with Lithium)


B-Up Soda (with Lithium)
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
I'm posting this picture because I want to post but know I shouldn't B-Up right now.

I wonder if this was 7-Ups precursor? This old bottle sits on the table in Kirk Joseph's backyard. It may have helped someone get on a real Backyard Groove long, long ago. Kirk says it's been there forever. Though I'd seen the bottle many times, I didn't notice the lable until someone recently pointed it out.

Some quick research dates it to 1948-1949. It was apparently a local beverage. So, they were lithiating us New Orleanians back then. Hmmm. Given our crime statistics, we could probably use a little of that now.

OK. OK. I'm going to sleep now. Right now. I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lasciate said...

As Homer Simpson might say:

*glug glug glug*

"Mmmmm...lithium..."

6:36 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Ahhh, Homer- that's absolutely perfect!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home