Thursday, April 14, 2005

Frontyard Groove


Pain Inducers
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
These mean stinging creatures (Buckmoth catarpillars ) are invading my yard and adjacent oak tree, as they do each April. One decided to take a stroll on my clothing and got me three times the day I shot this.

I bought my house 17 years ago, and moved in on April 1st, 1988. I came home from work on April 9th that year to find what looked like a scene from a Hitchcock movie: hundreds and hundreds of these all over the front of the house, including the front door. I had to get a broom from a neighbor to knock them off so I could go inside. They grew in size and number for a couple of weeks and frequently were found milling about inside the house, uninvited. Thankfully, there hasn't been a bumper crop like that since.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

WOW! and OUCH!! I am a major insectiphobe, I don't think I could ever live in a house that had been invade by such creatures, I would have had to sell the house.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home