Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Why I Have Not Been Posting: An Explanation...or, more appropriately, A Pathetic Confession

Okay. I've been around hanging around these parts, I've been reading, I occasionally comment. Why not post?

Well, first there is the usual reason: that I've been busy and have had lots of work to do. (I'll tell more about what's been going on in a future post). And that's pretty much always been the case. But when I've done as much work as I can stand and I do settle down here with the mighty machine on my lap, I have had an ugly competitor vying for my time. Let me explain.

You see, typing, for me, is work. (I'm of the two-fingered variety, and though I'm rather swift with these fingers, it's still work.) And now, on my bookmark bar there reside links to my blogging demise. And I must choose: Blog or play? Type or play? Work or play? (I owe that last one to Richard. I love it for the thinking required! I made it to 22 in a row after about 30 minutes.)

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit that my hand selects play rather than post. It's pathetic but true. I suspect that this, too, shall pass and I'll be back to my old blog habits before long. I have voice dictation software, but it's just not the same as writing/typing. If only they could come up with software that would type what I think, since I blog in my head all the time. (This entails thinking in "blog prose," which is different than speaking.) Well, I'd still have to give up playing for that, too.

Oh, there's another reason that I've not been doing my thing here: my inability to come up with anything that's not completely inane, like this post.

8 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

ok, are you done with your excuses? Cause I want to hear about what is going on. Though I must admit I am in awesome of your persistent and talented slackerhood.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! Comments gone horribly WRONG!!! Stop me before I comment Again!!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Truly, something in the comment realm has gone wacko, but I have to admit that it feels good to see such a lovely number of comments shown for one of my posts, even if they're errors! It's been a long time since I've produced anything worthy of it and perhaps this will serve as a little dangling carrot for me...

3:32 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

OK, time for another post.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home