Monday, November 01, 2004

See My Ex on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (Tonight)

BLOGGER ISN'T UPDATING PROFILES AND RECENT POST INFORMATION, SO IF YOU'VE COME HERE FROM THE PROFILE PAGE, THIS IS ANYTHING BUT A RECENT POST! PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER TO BE TAKEN TO THE CURRENT PAGE.

THANKS!

---------
I'd have posted this earlier but I just received a call from my ex telling us that they will be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight. "They" refers to The Neville Brothers, with whom Will has played drums since around 1981. We're still friends and at some point I'll explain how we ended up together in the first place, which is a question every single person who has ever met both of us asks, (because we don't seem to fit together).

Rather than delay this post any longer, I'll post this now and return shortly with a picture of him from 1985, a couple of years before we got married. Since then, what I've gained in gray hairs, he's gained in pounds. (I dye my grays.)

3 Comments:

Blogger pi22seven said...

YOU DYE YOUR GRAY HAIR!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't know who you are anymore!

I started going gray when I was 14 but I actually toyed with the idea of coloring my hair a couple of years ago but decied that I was way too lazy to keep it uo for any amount of time.

My hair is nearly all gray now. Due to this, people credit me with way more wisdom than I have.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Luckily I saw Willie on Leno last night. I talked to him last week, and he mentioned leaving on the 31st and that they were doing Leno, but I had forgotten and just happened to be watching. I'm going to get the new CD, I have really fallen in love with them after Willie has gotten me into some shows. I tend to think that bands that have been out for so long are bound to be washed up and rehashed sounding, but these guys have more fire than anyone at any age.

I especially dig Ivan for some reason.. He just brings this nastier, more edgy funkness to the table, and he gets some really killer sounds out of his rig of pedals & whatnot.

The only pain i feel is knowing that they got a new guitar player over the summer, and I was dying for an audition the whole time, but they already had someone in mind. He's ok, but I am determined to jam with them at some point.

4:27 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Ivan was highly influential in the production of the new CD and I think the fire in it is because of him. In fact, what I've heard of the CD sounds a lot, lot, lot like him, all over the place. And as far as I'm concerned, that's good.

I've always loved Ivan's music. (And not just because of my long, long, ago relationship with him.) He's really gone back to his funk roots these days, and where it comes to the funk, I think he'samong the best. He was more of a rock guy in the early days and I liked what he did with that, too.

I hope you do get the chance to jam with them sometime. All they need is a couple of opportunities to see you play and I have no doubt that you'd make the short list of considerations next time the spot opens up. I'll ask Willie how the new guy is working out. You never know...

Anyway, the song they chose was right on. I loved the way they performed it. The energy was great. The Temptations put "Ball of Confusion" out in 1970 and so many things touched on in the song hold true today. They say the more things change, the more they stay the same. God, I hope not.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home