Sunday, October 10, 2004

Water, Lots This Time


Black Pearls (Water Droplets)
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
Given the state of things, I thought it would be appropriate to post another of my water photos. This one is from the second round of shots taken in my backyard using the garden hose.

And as water goes, there is lots of it falling, falling, falling from the sky, compliments of Matthew, a visitor from the tropics about whom no one told me a word. Given that I watch very little TV and many people know this, someone usually makes it a point to inform me about such storms.

This tropical storm is providing more excitement than Ivan the Terrible's near miss. Lots of wind, (I can even feel it shaking the house, unlike it's predecessor), lots of rain, and in the last hour, lots of lightening and thunder.

Matthew is only a tropical storm, but it was a mere tropical storm that last year toppled the tree in my backyard, taking the gutter and downspout on the back corner of my den with it.

Well, we needed the rain and a diversion. And the weather is now reaching a level of drama that makes for that good, stormy, stay-in-bed kind of sleep. And since it's going on 6:00 AM now, I guess that's what I'll do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lasciate said...

Nice... :)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home