Monday, October 11, 2004

Pearls #4 (Water Droplets)


Pearls #4 (Water Droplets)
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.
Who needs an oyster to make pearls?

More Water.
There are a few (just a few) more of these on Flickr, and they can be viewed by clicking on the image. I'll be trickling more into my Flickr photostream over time... (ha,ha,ha!) I've got lots of them.

Lacking the desire to write about anything tonight, I've decided to take a great leap and publish a poem I wrote in 1995, since it's a variation of this water theme.


Communication Vacuum

talk talk talk
out fly the words
the thoughts
the feelings
running like a crystal stream of consciousness
pouring like a waterfall
its source
a vessel
with only one outlet
that does not allow it to retrieve
its precious product
once it’s been released

its walls are stiffened walls
though not so strong
and as it empties itself
it begs to be replenished
through the one-way intake valve
that waits like a beggar for a crumb
or a solitary lover to be loved
and as it waits
the edifice begins to collapse
upon itself
becoming good for none
____

3 Comments:

Blogger Rajshekhar Murthy said...

Hi... this is Raj.. honestly, i have never come across such a strange blog.. partly because your work and life is different and partly because of my limited knowledge of what all things you do... but it certainly caught my attention.. Lisa.. it was really interesting to see your blog.. you actually take these pics?? and what is this about barbie dolls dressed in so many different ways? pardon my ignorance.. !
anyway, you can know more about me at http://raj2k_2000.blogspot.com

have a nice day.

4:27 AM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Thanks! To say my blog is strange is a great compliment to me, as I have never been a fan of the conventional.
I have a saying, (an original): "Sanity is the mother of convention." If something is conventional, it's probably not creative... See where I'm going with this? Though I admit to using more liberal definitions of sanity than the average collegiate dictionary.

And yes, I've actually taken the photos on this blog, with the exception of the Barbies, politicians, and Eric Johanson.

If you read more of what's been posted here, you'll probably be able to get a better idea of how all these strange pieces fit together...like a kaleidoscope.

Thanks again for your comment!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

As always a delightful insight. I really like the ecclectic nature of your blog, I suppose as I am pretty ecclectic myself. I would love to see more of your poetry, I consider myself a poet even though I haven't written consistantly in years, I enjoy seeing others practicing the art.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home