Saturday, September 11, 2004

Politics, As Usual

On September 11th, I wrote a long essay but didn't get a chance to post it. After I read it, I decided it was just too much. So, I decided to publish only the last paragraph. It sums it up pretty well for me. Here it is.
___

I'm troubled by the fact that we don't seem to be learning our lessons as well as we should be. I'm troubled by the feeling that my government's motives are not as admirable as it would like me to believe. I'm troubled by the greed, pride, egotism, narcissism, arrogance and shortsightedness that still seem to drive the decision makers. And I'm troubled because it's three years later, and it doesn't seem like anything has changed. Where is the lesson learned?

How sad. What an honor to the fallen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lasciate said...

I think about that, too.

I think I would have liked to see the whole essay.

And I hope Hurricane Ivan doesn't cause you any trouble.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

I couldn't agree more. My vote is that you post the entire essay, it might be cathartic.

6:38 PM  
Blogger pi22seven said...

Thank you for putting my frustration to words.

You ask a good question. Where is the lesson learned?

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home