Friday, September 10, 2004

Lantana


lantana
Originally uploaded by LisaPal.

Tiny clusters of flowers. Sparce on the bush this summer. Small and sparce and hardly noticable in all the greenery. Insignificant.

How much beauty do we miss because we don't bother to really look? Because from afar, there doesn't seem to be anything beyond ordinary, at best? I almost cut this spindly bush down this summer, since it smothered the rosemary and defiantly refused to produce more than a half-dozen less-than-full flower clusters at a time.

I have a new love for it now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lasciate said...

Some people just see flowers, I guess. Others see every bump and fiber and shade. And marvel at them.

I like your shots, by the way.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Wow! Is Lantana a flower? I thought it was just a city in Florida.
: )

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home